Whilst checking what my peeps were up to on twitter, I noticed a few post about #22 things by ‘fellow tweeter’ Angie Richmond. I would say ‘fellow writer’, but, at the moment that would be inaccurate. You see, I haven’t been writing lately to classify myself as said writer and am currently sat in a self-imposed naughty corner. Here I am faced with an entourage of thoughts relating to things i should be doing. Therefore, I decided to take part in 22 things and write myself a list. Want to join me?
22 Things is a Creative Change Challenge.
By signing up, you are announcing to the world – and more importantly yourself – that you are breaking free of the long standing idea that in order to make changes in your life, you have to do BIG things.
22 Things is about making a list twenty-two small steps you can take – right now – to change your life.
You may be wondering why my blog posting is named Mrs Topsy Turvey’s 22 things list. Well *sigh* this is because i am kind of back to front in my approach to this list. I woke the other day thinking about my list and what it would include. Then as I went around the house looking for the cleaning ones (the things you don’t do all the time but NEED doing), I did them. Hence the title: Topsy Turvey! Back to front.
Left with thoughts of the list is not good you see, especially if you are prone to Ally McBeal moments like myself. I pondered the thought of said list looming over me like a giant animated notebook with ‘THE LIST’ wrote at the top. It frowns down on me in disgust. People in the street would see my list and point at it, and me. Mocking my procrastination like they have no list in their closet! Well Pffffffffffft to them!!!!!
I, Mrs. Topsy Turvey, have already achieved some of my list before I even typed it! So I advise you to just sit and think about it as your type, don’t sweat about it. Let’s do this thing.
I decided top priority and rightfully placed as my number one, would be ;
1. Take time to write. Non-distracted, inspiration filled, peaceful time to write, where I laugh in the face of procrastination whilst wearing a super woman outfit (the type in bold is what i am holding myself to although my husband may be sad about the outfit).
Move fridge and clean underneath Find some healthy meals the whole family love
all the rest of the Kitchen cupboards
4. Make regular time to read
5. Take the kids somewhere fun
this week more often
6. Do bicycle crunches at home at least 8 times in the next two weeks
7. Physically check my teens have completed homework
8. Walk down the mountain at least once a week with my husband
9. Go to the gym at least once a week even though my ultimate goal is three times
Brush out the garage Take stuff to the dump from the garage
11. Put pond pump back in
12. Water flowers in basket out the front
13. Compliment at least one person every day
15. Put Vitamins somewhere where i won’t forget to take them
16. Finish ALL unfinished paintings and sign them
17. Start a new painting
18. Take old clothes to the MCC
19. Pair socks and throw out Sunday (holey) ones (I have an infestation)
20. Write more lists
21. Try to remember at least one joke every now and again
22. Make up new words
The crowd goes wild. Fireworks erupt. *Victory lap*
I am proud to present you with ‘Mrs Topsy Turvey’s 22 things list
Mr. Topsy-Turvy does everything the wrong way around. One day he comes to the town where the reader lives. He rents a room in a hotel, speaking to the hotel manager the wrong way around, “Afternoon good, I’d room a like.” The next day, he confuses the taxi driver with his backwards speaking, causing an accident, buying a pair of socks and putting them on his hands, then he disappears, but everything is still topsy-turvy. Everybody still speaks topsy-turvy, and the reader is asked to say something topsy-turvy.